Call for Consultancy: VCA Baseline Study
The Voices for Just Climate Action (VCA) programme aims to ensure that by 2025, local civil society and underrepresented groups will have taken on a central role as creators, facilitators and advocates of innovative climate solutions. VCA is implemented by a consortium led by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Netherlands, and other partners, including SouthSouthNorth, Akina Mama wa Afrika, Slum Dwellers International, Fundación Avina and Hivos, under the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ five-year strategic partnership: “Power of Voices”.
VCA has put out a Call for Consultancy for a baseline study, undertaken as part of the Global Programme activities. The Terms of Reference serves as a guideline for the study.
The baseline study is intended to analyse the current status and understand the starting point of the work to guide the adaptation of the Theory of Change and analyse the progress over time. This will enable project indicators at the outcome level to be tracked and understood. The baseline report is intended to cover the period 1 January – 31 June 2021; it includes inputs from a select number of key civil society stakeholders (individual responses or from a joint validation session).
Qualifications of the ideal consultant:
The individual should hold a Master’s degree or higher in Development Studies, Climate or Development Finance, Gender Studies, Climate Change Science, or a related field from a recognized university.
Experience, skills and other attributes:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in either Monitoring and Evaluation or Research related to climate change
- Specific experience in conducting baseline studies is advantageous
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of recent global developments related to climate justice movements and climate finance
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex assignments in a timely manner and deliver quality results
For more information and to apply, please refer to the Terms of Reference.
Deadline: 26 July 2021.