Invitation for Expressions of Interest: Consultancy Services
Call-down Technical Assistance for Climate Mainstreaming Facility
Prospective partners are hereby invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to partner with SouthSouthNorth and Paul Watkiss Associates to provide technical assistance for a new Climate Mainstreaming Facility.
Objectives of Facility
The Climate Mainstreaming Facility responds to the growing need from the UK Department For International Development (DFID) country offices and departments for up-to-date information on the climate risks and opportunities relevant to DFID’s geographies and sectors of operation. The facility aims to improve the uptake of climate information, climate risk analysis and adaptation assessment, including for integration, and enhance compliance with the DFID Smart Guide on Climate and Environment.
What kind of support will the facility provide?
The Facility will provide flexible, on-demand, call-down support to DFID offices and departments, focused on the following broad areas:
- Translating complex climate information into user-friendly advice to aid decision-making within DFID
- Integrating current and future climate risks into DFID concept notes and business plans for new project development
- Sourcing and reviewing primary climate information to inform early project design concept notes and business plans
- Assisting with clearer International Climate Fund (ICF) narratives at the programme and office level
- Advising on the monitoring or evaluation of climate benefits (e.g. identifying appropriate ICF KPIs)
- Advising on national-level climate policies and implementation plans
- Allocating robust % ICF integration across project portfolio through documented component-based budget analysis.
The Facility is funded by the DFID Research and Evidence Division. It will commence work from April 2019, and the first phase of work is set to continue to August 2020.
Prospective partners are invited to submit EOIs for the Facility’s Roster of Experts via this online form by 12:00 GMT, 18 April, 2019. Before completing the online form, please read the Full Terms of Reference for the Facility and the Roster of Experts.
A second call for EOIs is planned for September, 2019, should additional expertise be needed to respond to demand.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the facility manager at SouthSouthNorth, Jean-Pierre Roux: firstname.lastname@example.org // +27 21 447 0211