Call for submission of Expressions of Interest (EOI) to provide technical assistance on behalf of the Climate Mainstreaming Facility to the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
Prospective suppliers are hereby invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to be shortlisted to provide technical assistance to the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) on behalf of the Climate Mainstreaming Facility.
Objectives of Facility
The Climate Mainstreaming Facility responds to the growing need for up-to-date information on climate risks and opportunities. The Facility aims to support the uptake of climate information, climate risk analysis and adaptation assessment, providing practical advice to support advisors and programme teams in mainstreaming climate risks into investments, policies and plans.
The Climate Mainstreaming Facility is an instrument hosted by SouthSouthNorth and currently used by the UK’s Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The Facility is now being sought to respond to requests from the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). This call is to shortlist appropriate experts to provide technical assistance to the Netherlands MFA on behalf of the Climate Mainstreaming Facility.
What kind of support will the Facility provide?
The MFA’s first phase of using the CMF is to respond to embassies’ demand for support to mainstream climate in the Multi-Annual Country Strategies (MACS).
The Facility will offer flexible, demand-led, call-down technical advice. Support will be tailored to the needs of individual embassies and departments but could include:
- Translating complex climate information into user-friendly advice to aid
- Integrating current and future climate risks into concept notes and
- business plans for new project development;
- Sourcing and reviewing primary climate information to inform early project design
- concept notes and business plans;
- Assisting with more apparent narratives at the programme and office level;
- Advising on the monitoring or evaluation of climate benefits (e.g. identifying
- appropriate KPIs);
- Advising on national-level climate policies and implementation plans.
You can access the Terms of Reference for the Facility to respond to the MFA here.
Prospective partners and experts already on the Roster of Experts who are interested and available to respond to requests from the MFA are invited to submit EOIs via this online form.
All forms must be completed by Friday, 12 August 2022, 11:59 GMT.