Voices for Climate Action Programme: Tunisia Call for Proposals 2021
The Voices for Climate Action (VCA) programme is a lobby and advocacy programme implemented by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Netherlands, SouthSouthNorth (SSN), Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA), Slum Dwellers International (SDI), Fundación Avina and Hivos, under the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ five-year strategic partnership: “Power of Voices”.
Call for Proposals
Application deadline: 18 July 2021, 17:00 (Central African Time)
The Alliance welcomes proposals for partners working around climate change adaptation and advocacy especially with a focus on women, youth, urban poor, rural communities, and marginalized groups. Partners will support the creation of multi-stakeholder platforms to co-create, document and advocate for local solutions. The aim is to link and strengthen climate action among existing social and grassroots movements. The Alliance also strives to catalyse collaboration on climate change issues between Public-Private-Community-Partnerships (PPCPs) and duty bearers so as to influence policy.
The Alliance encourages applications from coalitions of local civil society actors (including formal and informal CSOs, CBOs, FBOs, grassroots organizations, local climate action champions etc), and classic and alternative media. Coalitions should include unusual groups and bridge divides (national-local, urban-rural, gender, youth), to amplify the voices for just climate action, especially in relation to the following outcomes:
- A strengthened & inclusive civic space, equipped and empowered to influence decision-making and co-create climate solutions
- Knowledge systems in place and decision-makers are better informed through amplified storytelling and an enabled civic space to represent vulnerable groups in influencing agenda setting
- A joint roadmap is established to lobby and advocate on policies and financial flows on natural resources essential to livelihoods
The Alliance calls for interested groups to apply to one of the following three grants:
- Climate grant: for an organization or coalition (two or more organizations)
- Campaign/movement grant for a coalition (two or more organizations): the coalition could be a legally registered entity and or hosted by a legal entity (non-profit local organization)
- Media fellowship or storytelling grant – for an organisation or coalition (two or more organisations)
The full ToR for this call is available for download HERE.
How to apply
Kindly complete the proposal using the template available for download HERE.
The completed proposal should be submitted to one of the following email addresses:
And cc the following email addresses:
For further information, questions or clarifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.